Sunday, April 15, 2012

me and my weight

I have been what-I-think-of as kinda skinny most of my life.
I am not really tiny by any means (trust me, I know some women who are almost disgustingly tiny!).
But I have always been pretty good at keeping my weight under control.
I have fit into a size 36 or 38 most of my adult life and have always had a nice B or small C cup.
All in all I have been pretty ok with my body most of the time.

I have gone from about 56 kilos 15 years ago to about 60 kilos a year ago. Not including my 2 pregnancies with the boys. Even after those pregnancies, I have managed to get my weight back down and fit into all of my old clothes again.
Now I weigh 70 kilos. I can not seem to get that number down on the scale.
I go to the gym three times per week and go swimming once every week. I'm following the Herba.life program with shakes for breakfast and lunch and eating healthy dinners.
You would think that I would have at least lost some weight, no?! Well, no. It still says 70 kilos on the scale.

I have been pregnant 4 times in the past 9 years.
I gained 17 and 20 kilos during the boys' pregnancies. (Pregancy # 3 was ectopic, was only 8 weeks, so didn't really gain any weight then. Pregnancy # 4 ended at 22 weeks. I had gained 14 kilos.)
I always fit into my 36 size pants again. So I was never too worried about a couple of kilos extra the past few years.

I am writing down the numbers so I can maybe finally get them out of my head.
I know I shouldn't focus on the weight. Exercising 4 times per week should make me lose weight, and if not weight, I should be becoming more toned.
I've lost 3 cm on my tummy. 3 cm on each of my thighs, 2 cm on my hips and 1 cm on each arm.
My fat percentage was 35.2 % 3 weeks ago!!! A week later it was already down to 34.9 %. So it seems to be working. If slowly.
I'm noticing some changes.
I can wear my white jeans (size 38). They're tight, but I can wear them and breathe, so that's a good thing.
I can get my all-time favorite jeans up all the way (couldn't even get them halfway up my thighs a month ago). Can't close them yet, but almost.
I have 1 pair of jeans, size 36, non-strechy fabric, very nice pants, were always on the tight side. That's my goal. Being able to wear those again.

Ok, enough of the whining about my weight.

I cleaned up my closet today.
I packed all the maternity stuff and put it in the attic. Don't know why I waited so long to do it.
Although I'm happy I finally did it, and I'm happy I'm starting to fit back into my clothes, part of me hopes to do the opposite again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely with you on all counts. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm struggling with this too. I need to start watching what I eat though, just doing the exercise in itself doesn't help it seems.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved