Thursday, January 24, 2013

One more week

One more week until the anniversary of Dylan's birth and the day we said goodbye.

This date was so far away for such a long time and all of a sudden it's approaching hard and fast.

January 31st will never be the same. It will never again be just another day. It will always be the date on Dylan's gravestone at the cemetery. It will always be the day I wish never happened and will never forget. It will always be the day we held our beautiful son in our arms and had to say goodbye.

Saying goodbye to a child is not natural. It is something I never imagined I would have to do. Something I have been wishing never happened for the past year.

Here I am sitting on the couch thinking back about that day and reliving it like it was yesterday.
Here we are still trying to get pregnant again and me wondering wether we should just not try anymore....

I have all these blog posts from last year which I haven't yet dared to re-read. I have been drawn to them though, thinking about how I felt when I first started blogging.....
I want to read my past posts, but am frightened to read them. Afraid I will relive it all again.

Will things be different after next week?

I don't know. I don't know what to think about the 31st, or how to handle it.
X asked me what date it was last week. I told him the date/ He then thought about it and said to me that it's almost Dylan's birthday. And he asked me what we were going to do on Dylan's birthday.
Maybe we should celebrate it as a birthday. As we would X's or L's birthday.
I love my boys when they say little things like this. Dylan is their brother and even though he's not here with us, they think about him and want to do something for his birthday.....

So I think we will spend the 31st together, all 5 of us. And do something fun. Together. And Dylan will be with us. As always.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any idea how it will be - our one year isn't until March. I do know that I had some similar feelings when we reached our due date. That date was really hanging over my head, and I was so terrified of it. For me, the day itself wasn't terrible - in a way, it was nice because we set aside the day to be together & remember Maggie. So it felt sad but special. It was the follow days that were tough - I really had a sense of "What now? Now I have my whole life without her?" and got sadder. I do think it's a lovely idea for you to spend the day, all of you, thinking of Dylan. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can it be a year already!? It's so tough but I really like the idea of doing something together, it's wonderful that your boys are having Dylan in their thoughts and wants to be involved. I will be thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved