Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Feelings

I've been thinking about writing this post for a while now. But part of me has been hesitant to do it because when the words are written down, maybe it becomes real.

I have been in a weird place for a while now. I don't know when it started, or why, I just know I've been feeling like this for a while now.

I am not sure I still want to get pregnant and have another baby.

There. I said it.
The one thing I've been thinking but haven't yet dared to say.

I don't feel this way all the time.
When I read blogs about pregnancies and babies I think "I want that too".
When I see friends and colleagues who are pregnant, or when I see their babies and get to hold them, I want nothing more that to keep going and get pregnant.

But some days, when I have had a busy week or day driving my ever growing children around, I think that maybe we should just leave it the way it is. Maybe we should be happy with the family we have and just move on.
I don't know if I can handle another baby. Along with my kids.

But then I see something on tv or in a magazine and I change my mind again.

Same goes with my period.
The days before I'm supposed to get my period, I alternate between hoping I won't get it and hoping I'll get it.
When I get my period I feel relieved. And then I feel sad.

This month has been weird by the way. My period was due Monday. Tuesday I felt crampy all day but no bleeding. Some light spotting at night. Today, Wednesday, still a bit crampy but still no real bleeding, just some spotting and some clots when I go to the bathroom.
Not sure what to think about it. I don't feel pregnant. Maybe I should test though to be sure....

Maybe all of this was caused by the holidays.
Next week Friday it will have been 2 years since we lost Dylan.
Maybe it's me not feeling completely like me because I'm still grieving, or grieving again. I don't know. I wish I could make up my mind about it all.

The thing is, being pregnant scares me. When I was pregnant with the boys, it was all beautiful and wonderful without a lot to worry about. I had never experienced any different.
But since having my youngest son, I've had an ectopic, lost Dylan and had a 10-week miscarriage. I'm not sure I could handle losing another pregnancy. Both mentally and physically.

I'm also not getting any younger. Though I'm not sure that's an issue.
I saw a picture of G.wen S.tefani today, very pregnant. She's 44. Seeing that makes me think me being 37 shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't told anyone I'm feeling like this, even my hubby.
I guess I though these feelings would pass and there's no need to tell him. Except the feelings haven't passed. They've stayed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am actually currently pregnant with #4 (#3 was stillborn) and...to be honest...there are time where I DO NOT want to be pregnant, have another child, start all over. And THAT is something I don't really talk about. And, it's not that I don't want to be pregnant again because it is scary after losing my last child....or that I want my last child and not this child...it's that I'm scared to be having another child. My second child is now 2 and things are getting so much easier for us as a family and I think...I'm almost going to get my life back...my sleep back, my body back...but then I remember...I'm pregnant and (hopefully) will get to start all over. Before we had kids, I always said we would have 2 or 3. When we had such troubles having our first and second, I still wasn't sure about having a third, but thought I didn't have the time to debate it. I decided to just take the plunge. I am not sure that people ever regret having another child...maybe they do, but don't say it. I wish I had a better answer. But, my biggest fear was regret for not having a child later in life. I have enough regrets about the things I didn't do. Just sit with it for a while and see how it goes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you and the upcoming date of losing Dylan. It can all be confusing and time can put things in perspective as well. Just go with what you feel at the moment and it's ok to change your mind again for whatever you decide. I know this week is especially hard for you, sending healing and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved