Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I have the most amazing friends!!!

I was picked up this morning, driven to an unknown destination..... I had absolutely no idea what we were going to do today.

We arrived at a beautiful castle. It was a wellness/sauna center.

I was treated to an hour long facial, a yummy lunch with champagne and a full body massage. All this along with a swim in the outdoor pool and some sauna visits.....

During lunch I was given a gift.
Not in a million years had I expected a gift today! They got me a beautiful charm bracelet with hearts with my children's names engraved on them. All three of my children.


Even though I had promised myself I would not cry today, I did when I saw the names on the hearts. But that was ok. They were sad tears. But also happy tears.

I had been thinking about getting a remembrance necklace or bracelet, but have not found something I really love yet.

Now my friends have gotten it for me. It could not have been a more perfect bracelet.
I love it.
It even has a fourth heart on it which is still empty. It's there for me to engrave if, no when, we have another baby.

Then we had to leave for another to me unknown destination. As it was dinner-time, I figured the three of us would go have a nice dinner.
When we drove onto a parking lot and I spotted some familiar cars, it dawned on me what they had organized. Then I saw our own car and I laughed.
They had planned a dinner with all of us. All of our hubbies (not that we're all married, but I'm too old to call T my boyfriend) and kids were there.

I've been dreading today for 4 months.
But I had a good day. I had a wonderful day of being pampered. And I spent the day with some really good friends and my loved ones.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, how awesome. That is such an amazing gift from your friends...and I hope it made today just a little easier for you to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, all around. How funny that the husbands joined in too at the end of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful... you truly do have amazing friends :) So special... and a testament to how good a friend you are to them xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that it turned out to be a special day for you. Lovely bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a truly amazing day. You have wonderful friends. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I got chills from reading this, truly wonderful friends. Sounds like a perfect day even for a really sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. You have really great friends!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved