Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My body

There are many, many reasons for me to not be happy with my body.
Let me make a list:

  • my body allowed the horrid listeria to get the better of it
  • my body allowed the listeria to then spread through me to our little angel
  • my body was not able to save Dylan and then made me have contractions in the middle of the night at 22 weeks
  • my body went through labor but then decided to not let the placenta come out so I had to get a D&C done
  • my body could not get rid of the listeria on its own so I had to take strong antibiotics for a week which made me feel sick
  • my body could not get my cycle going again, even when I started taking the pill
  • my body has once again allowed the HPV virus to flare up making me have to go in for a follow-up and colposcopy exam
  • and while I'm at I might as well include the stupid ectopic pregnancy my body decided to have 2 years ago

But today I am proud of my body.
This is what my period tracker looked like this morning: 
Not in a million years did I think I would actually be on track the first month off of the pill. I've never been perfectly regular and I really wasn't expecting to be this month....

Right before I left for my appointment with the gynecologist I went to the bathroom - I didn't want to get stuck in the car with a full bladder.

I got my period. On the exact date my period tracker had estimated for my cycle. 
Granted, it wasn't the best timing as I had to get a pelvic exam, but still. I was happy. And very relieved.

My gyn was hesitant at first to do the exam, but as I was barely bleeding, she could do it without any problem. 
And the result is good. She couldn't see any abnormal cells, didn't even have to do a biopsy. 
I have to go back in 6 months for an extra pap smear, but otherwise all is ok.

Oh, and getting pregnant is not a problem! yay! (and we've had the 1 mandatory month off birth control before we officially are allowed to get pregnant)
I will see her again in 6 months, or as she said, hopefully sooner!

So, even though I have many reasons to be angry with my body, I am not angry today. Today was a good day. Today is a day to be proud of my body for doing some of things as it should.
Go body. Keep it up.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love when things work the way they are supposed to! Now if only I could get my body to cooperate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for some good news! I hope your luck continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work, body! Nice to know you're right on schedule and ready to move forward. Here's to the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy for you, sorry I've been away .....I just needed so space but now I need my ladies,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from ICLW! I totally understand your sentiment in this post. I have a love/hate relationship with my body, but nothing makes me more proud when I cycle in a regular(ish) fashion. It is cause for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for coming by!
      let's hope my body keeps it up!

      Delete
  6. Hello from ICLW! I love that period tracker. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved