Sunday, July 22, 2012

I've been a bit absent this past week.

It was a hard week. We were home alone with L and I was pretty much constantly worried about X.
I kept busy, playing with L, working, going to bed early.
On Wednesday I finally got a card from X saying he was having a blast. I felt so much better.

Friday actually came a lot faster than I thought it would. I woke up early, in a good mood, worked half a day and then drove home to pick L up first and then X.
I was so happy when the bus finally arrived (45 minutes late!!!) and I was able to hold X in my arms.

Going to this camp was good for X. He grows up when he's away and has to take care of himself. He's a big boy which is hard to realize sometimes, but nice to see him growing up from a baby to a toddler to an almost third grader now...


We've had a lovely weekend. Summer has finally decided to start here in Belgium and we are so glad to not have any more rain!!
We had a BBQ for my cousins and their kids yesterday and spent today at an animal park with just the four of us.

I have two more weeks of work and then we have 3 weeks of vacation. yay!!!
We'll be gone to Croatia for 2 weeks of camping. Real vacation. I can't wait!!


5 comments:

  1. have Fun camping!! I'm camping in Maine on Mount Desert Island, there is a national park... so much fun to get away!

    Enjoy this time with X&L they are so lucky to have you as a mum, You have so much love for them.... I love that!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he's home safe, I hope your 2 weeks of work pass quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been so hard with him away... and such a relief to see him again :) Croatia sounds amazing.. Always wanted to go there :) Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have one away right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vaca sounds like its going to be awesome! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved