Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas

Our first Christmas since we lost our precious angel.

I have learned these past 11 months that all firsts are difficult and painful. This year has had a lot of firsts. I know this Christmas will not be what it usually is at our house. We are trying our hardest for the boys, but it's just not the same.

We were supposed to have a 6-month old who was celebrating his first Christmas.
We were supposed to have our 3 boys posing in front of the tree for pictures.
We were supposed to have the 2 big brothers helping their little brother unpack his first presents.
We were supposed to have another chair at the dinner table.

None if that is true this year and I'm having a hard time with it.

I have tried to include our angel though:
With an ornament in the tree. Just for him.
And a beautiful, cute little angel with his picture.

We miss you Dylan. We had so wished for you to be here with us.
Know that you are in our hearts today, as always.

Shine bright, my precious angel, my star. I love you.
Merry Christmas Dylan.


Merry Christmas to all of you.
xx

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is not an easy Christmas this year! My thoughts are with you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you. I am glad you are able to symbolize your loss so beautifully. My thoughts are with you. Visiting from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read about your loss and I'm sorry you are feeling the pain of missing your angel.

    I'm glad the proposal and engagement brought a little joy to your Christmas though.

    ICLW #6 Dragondreamer's Lair

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry that your holiday was not everything that it should have been. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking today that the holidays weren't what I was expecting either. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, your post brought tears to my eyes...Marie from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you my dear, xo, Sweet little boy, sweet mama.... Always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved