Friday, July 19, 2013

Symptoms

I don't have many symptoms, but here are the ones I have:

  • my breasts are sore, very very sore. They're ok most mornings, but by the time I get home from work, they are so painful, everything I do hurts! 
  • I still fit in my bra's, so I'm pretty sure they haven't actually grown. But they feel bigger. I think they're just fuller (they weren't full anymore after 3 pregnancies and breast-feeding twice for 6 months!)
  • I am soooooooo exhausted. all. the. time. I get through work most days, although the afternoons are hard. I've actually gone down to my car a couple of times and taken a nap during lunch in my car in the garage! I take naps most evenings when I get home or after dinner. 
  • Sleep at night is not what it used to be. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I toss and turn most nights and just do not feel rested in the mornings. I'm pretty sure my naps don't have anything to do with it, they usually aren't longer than 30 minutes. It is very hot here at the moment, and even though the window is open, it isn't really all that cool in our bedroom. Plus I'm uncomfortable. I can't really sleep on my tummy, not because my tummy is in the way, but because my breasts hurt when I lie on them. I wake up every hour or so, toss and turn, get up to pee once or twice every night. And in the mornings, I'm still tired. We have three weeks of vacation as of the 5th of August, you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that!!
  • I have heartburn. Not so much during the day, but after dinner it usually gets pretty bad. The fact that I take naps after dinner might not be the greatest idea! 
  • I have acne. I've always had greasy skin, am 37 years old and have always had some pimples, especially when I have my period. Now, I've had pimples for the past 2 months. And not just on my face, but on my back, neck, even on my throat!!! Horrible. I hope, hope, hope this is something which will go away soon!
  • I'm very emotional. I'm pretty sure it's hormonal. I have to hold back tears most evenings when I watch tv, for the stupidest stuff! I always cry with emotional movies, but lately I feel tears coming with stuff which isn't even sad..... so yeah, pretty sure it's the hormones!!
  • Not really a symptom, but a fact: I'm having clothing issues. Most of my pants (and skirts) still fit, but are really tight and very uncomfortable. I have some skirts with elastic waists, which are fine. One pair of chino's and a couple of pairs of very stretchy jeans which I can wear, but by the time I get home, all I want to do is take them off!!! I usually open my button in the afternoon while I sit at my desk. :-) I'm having a lot of ligament pains, which my doc said is normal, even this early. But sitting at a desk all day isn't helping. Thank god it's summer and the weather is very nice so I can wear dresses most days which don't bother me.

I'm happy it's weekend. I hope I can get a decent nights' sleep and if not, at least I won't have to go to work tomorrow and I can relax and maybe take a nap in the morning on the couch....

On a different note, X left for camp on Monday. He must be having a blast, because it's now Friday and we still haven't received any mail from him. He'll be home Monday evening!!
L leaves for camp Monday morning, and I'm nervous about that. He's my baby and it's his first time. He'll only be gone till Saturday, I know time will fly by and he'll be home before I know it. I told T he has to drop him off Monday morning, I'm too emotional (read hormonal) to do it. (don't get me wrong, I will pack his bag and say goodbye to him in the morning, but he is a daddy's boy, so I'm letting him have his time with his daddy.)

4 comments:

  1. Exhaustion gets me too when I'm pregnant. It sucks the life right out of ou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmm ... you have like a million symptoms!!!! More than I have ever had at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy everything is going well for you. I will continue to pray that it does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you have way more symptoms than I do :) The exhaustion and clothing issue is what's getting me the most these days. So glad all is on track with your last ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved