It was a difficult month at times, but also a beautiful month. I hadn't looked at a lot of my pictures of Dylan in a very long time.
I also posted my pictures on Instagram. This was a first for me. I never posted anything on FB or Instagram about Dylan, except for maybe a picture of some flowers or a candle....
I used the hashtag #captureyourgrief on Instagram and labeled my pictures with the days.
A couple of my colleagues (who have become friends over the years) were seeing and liking my pictures. About halfway through the month, they each asked me if everything was ok. I told each of them what it was and what I was doing. They all said it was a beautiful thing for me to do.
----------------
On October 12th, T broke his wrist. He was away for the weekend with some friends and during an afternoon walk in the woods, he fell and landed on his wrist. Broke it in 3 places and had to get screws put in.
He has been at home since because he can't drive.
It's been an exhausting month for me because I now have to do everything alone, drive the boys everywhere, still go to work, drive T to the doctor for checkups......
----------------
A very exciting update: we're getting married this Saturday!!!!
I'm very excited, and a bit nervous now.
Everything is done and organized.
My dress is ready (no, not a white dress!), T's suit is ready, the boys' new clothes are washed and ready, are rings have been picked up, the flowers ordered, my nails are done.....
Now we just need to hope it doesn't rain on Saturday!!! :-)
We're keeping it simple.
We're getting married and then going for a nice dinner with our parents, brothers and some close friends. Our boys and all kids will be there because it just wouldn't be the same without them!!
Oh yeah, and T is getting married with a cast on his arm. But we got his suit jacket altered so it fits so even that isn't getting me stressed out!!
----------------
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
I will try and post some wedding pics next week! :-)




I love that people commented on your Capture Your Grief photos. I too tend to keep my sadness mostly to myself and rarely post about Maggie socially. But it's so nice to have the acknowledgement.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your wedding! I hope you post some pictures here! We had a very low key wedding too, and it was the best thing I ever could have imagined!
Oh Happy Wedding day my dear!!!! I will think good non-rainy thoughts for you, So sorry about T wrist!
ReplyDeletexoxox HAVE FUN!!
Congratulations on being married!! Hope you had a wonderful ceremony followed by a lovely meal with family. Really happy for you :)
ReplyDelete