Monday, November 18, 2013

We got married!!!!

We got married last Saturday.

It was a beautiful day, filled with friends and family, kids, good food, and lots of fun.

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of being that beautiful bride, in a long white dress, like a princess.

When T and I met, we talked about getting married, having kids, buying a house..... We were pregnant with our oldest son less than 2 years after we met. So getting married took a backseat. We were having kids. When I was pregnant with our second son, we bought a house.
Over the years, we always said we would still get married some day. But some day was far away.

After we lost Dylan, I told T I wanted to get married. No matter what, I needed to be married to him.
Part of me got scared when I was in the hospital. Not being married meant that neither one of us was allowed to make any medical decisions. I know this is not a reason to get married, but it was one of the triggers for me. Having gone through losing Dylan and being hospitalized myself made me realize that.

Don't get me wrong, I got married to T because I love him. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
But the practical things were also on our minds.

When T first asked me to mary him, I thought I wanted the "real deal". The white dress, the big party....the whole thing.
But the more I thought about, the more I felt I didn't want to do it that way.

I'm 37 years old, we have two beautiful children and an angel. We didn't do things in the right order, so why have the wedding in the old-fashioned way?!
We decided to have a "simple" wedding, with a few of our close friends and families.

I felt like a princess on Saturday, in a beautiful dress. But it was red instead of white. :-)

We got married at the town hall, surrounded by our children, families and friends.

We both said some things, we both cried, the boys gave us our rings.

We had a wonderful afternoon, with great food, champagne, wine.....
We decided to not have a party, just a dinner with the people we love.

I couldn't have wished for a better day.






7 comments:

  1. LOVE<3 LOVE <3 Your dress the Photo on the tracks, LOVE IT ALL CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see some photos, that's a beautiful dress and a handsome couple. So glad you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know how I feel. My heart is singing. Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that black and white picture on the tracks is the image they end movies on. Beautiful.

      Delete
  5. YAY! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! You've been through so many highlights together, the best and the worst, and I'm so glad that you have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many congratulations to you, lovebirds! Beautiful pics - and it's nice to see you at last. Your joy is contagious. And I agree with Ready's comment about the last photo being the one they end movies on - it's so very happily ever after. xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved