ok, so I'm really behind on the Photo Challenge now. It's just been so busy the past few days that I haven't had a chance to sort through my pictures and post them for the challenge.
I have Wednesday off and it will be a me-day. Among other things, I will try and catch up with the challenge....
Now, on to my post....
I used to think pregnant women were the most beautiful thing ever. I actually still think that. But I also have other feelings now when I see a pregnant woman. It hurts. That's the only way to explain it.
The same goes for babies. I love little babies. They are adorable. I just want to hold them....
A couple of weeks ago my colleague showed up at work with her newborn son. I wasn't prepared and freaked out when I saw her. I started crying and ran away.
A week or so later, I went to visit another colleague and her newborn son and I was ok. I had been able to prepare myself that I would see a baby and I didn't freak out or cry.
Is this the norm now? Do I need to be prepared so I don't freak out?
Today I was at the pool. I saw someone I know through the window in the cafeteria. I said hello and didn't really pay attention to her anymore.
At one point I looked over again and saw her belly. Her pregnant belly.
I had to look away and swallow hard so I wouldn't cry.
When I saw T later I asked if she was pregnant. (I was hoping I hadn't seen it right) He said "yes, didn't you know?"
No, I did not know.
He didn't get what the problem was. I had to explain to him that being unprepared for things like that make me want to cry.
Don't get me wrong, I still think pregnant bellies are absolutely beautiful. And I'm very happy for women who are pregnant.
But it makes me ache.
I wonder if this feeling will ever go away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I am so sorry. I hope things get easier for you but it is totally okay for you to be feeling what you are right now. You've been through something very heartbreaking and it is normal to feel the way you do. Thinking of you. :)
ReplyDeleteUnderstandable how you feel. I think that most of us that deal with infertility share the same ache when we see a pregnant belly too.
ReplyDelete