Saturday, September 1, 2012

The first Challenge

Of course the first prompt already has me wondering what to do, which picture to take, what to post....

Beginning. That's the prompt.

After thinking about this last night and this morning, I think I have made up my mind.

I had some ideas. A lot of them had to do with the boys. I thought about how when X was born, that day was the beginning of my life as a mother. When I found out I was pregnant with X or L, I took pics of the pregnancy test or of the first ultrasound. That was the beginning of a new life.

But I have another son. The beginning of his life was beautiful....he spent a wonderful 5 months in my belly. But he never really got to start living.

So the idea of posting something which had to do with my kids was put aside.
Not that the beginning of their lives aren't cherished memories for me.
But losing Dylan is still too fresh.

So. On to the Photo Challenge....

Today is our anniversary. T and I met 11 years ago at a wedding.

I like to think of today as being a new beginning. A new beginning after losing our precious angel. A new life for us after that tragic day 7 months ago. A new beginning for us as a family, because we have managed to stay whole.
A new beginning with maybe a new baby? (I'm still in my 2WW....period is due tomorrow by the way)

I don't know what the future will bring us, but I do know that we are ok. We have lost our precious third son, but we can look forward again and maybe start to hope again....

So here is my picture:

I took this picture early this morning when I was taking X to swimming practice.
I love the early morning sun on a beautiful sunny day like today....

This is my beginning. The beginning of a beautiful day.
But so much more.....


5 comments:

  1. This made me cry...and gave me hope through your beautiful picture and words...so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I've made you cry. But hope is a strong thing, hope is something none of us should ever give up on.....

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo. J and I met at a friend's wedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photo. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. Brought tears to my eyes. Looking forward to catching up on your blog and seeing the rest of your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved