I had this entire post written out about how I was having a bad week, month, day.... I never got around to posting it because it's on my phone and was written while I was at work and I wanted to re-read it at home.
Like I said, I've been having a bad week.
I've had this annoying backache right between my shoulder blades for the last week, maybe even 10 days.
Nothing has helped. And I can't think of anything I did that made me hurt my back.
One of the mom's of L's team mates of his soccer team is an acupuncturist. I've known this for a while, but never actually went to see her.
Until now. I figured if nothing helps my back, maybe she can help me.
I had my appointment tonight. I told her about my back.
She then asked if there was anything else I wanted to tell her. I told her we're trying to get pregnant. I told her about losing Dylan. I told her I had an ectopic.
She informed me that my backache is not really a backache, but that it's where all my emotional issues are piling up. Worries about the boys. Emotional stress because I'm still not pregnant. Emotions because I'm still grieving.....
So, after our conversation, I had my first acupuncture session ever.
To tell you the truth, I was a bit freaked because she was going to stick needles in me. But it didn't hurt, thank goodness for that!
The spots where the needles were, started tingling right away. She said that's a good sign.....
I have 2 more appointments next week.
We're going to to try and get rid of my backache, but most of all she wants to help me get my body back in order and get me pregnant soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Fantastic. I love acupuncture and the nap I take during 90% of my sessions. Am always SO relaxed afterwards. So glad you've added her to your team!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great connection, and I'm glad she asked and that you could open up a bit. I have had acupuncture in the past and it's a great way to find your balance again, on all levels.
ReplyDeleteI went for my first acupuncture session last week! It was with a woman who supposedly helps with fertility. I don't know if it will actually help with that, but I did feel really relaxed and peaceful when I left - and I don't feel that much any more! I'm definitely going back.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Glad you tried it, acupunture is so relaxing, I hope this is a regulative and helpful way to get you prego's!!
ReplyDeletexo my dear!
I've never tried acupuncture, but it makes sense that the grief and loss you are carrying would exhibit itself in your back. I hope this approach helps you release some of that.
ReplyDeleteI do acupuncture for fertility too, and so far love it!! Hope your aches go away and she can help to make you even more fertile!
ReplyDelete