Friday, February 10, 2012

Sharing.....

I am a FB addict. Have been for a while.
I check FB on my laptop, on my iPhone. I do this all day, every day.
I post almost everything on FB. Lots of pictures, of everything and anything. Status updates at all times during the day and night.
I do it all.

So, when I reached 12 weeks in this pregnancy, and we had told our family and friends, I posted an ultrasound picture on FB.

I spent many years living abroad as a child. I have reconnected with a lot of people from back then through FB. Some of them have become friends again, and even though we live in complete different parts of the world and don't see each other, we are friends.

This was the big reason for me announcing my pregnancy on FB.
And I had no reason not to. After my ectopic 2 years ago I was scared this time around. But I calmed down a lot after 12 weeks and was confident everything was ok.

Today, 11 days after Dylan was stillborn, I still haven't become active again on FB.
Earlier this week, I removed my pregnancy pictures and all status updates which had something to do with the pregnancy.
I have been debating about if and when I will say something about what happened. I'm scared that if I don't, someone will ask me something soon. Or will ask when the due date is around the corner.
I want to avoid this at all costs.
But sending this into the world of FB is also not something I really want to do.

I know I will have to do something at some point. As I was such an active FB person, I'm sure people will start wondering soon why I have become inactive.
As in completely inactive. I don't post anything, comment on anything, like anything, have a status update at all.
This is very unlike me. I'm actually surprised nobody has commented on my absence on FB.....

What to post, when to post it....these things are going through my head.
It's actually kind of pathetic how these thoughts are even in my head, thoughts about FB, when I am going through hell.

----------

Something else.
Do I share this with my friends?
I have told T he can read it if he wants. He doesn't want to, he says it's mine. It's my place to vent. Part of me wants T to read it, I want him to know what's going on in my head. Even though we talk a lot, I think I write things here in a different way......maybe he'll read it when he's ready.

But, do I share this with friends? I haven't really told people that I started a blog. No idea why. I could share with my best friend, but I'm not sure I want to.

I shared with one person I know. She's going through stuff herself and I think she gets it. She's also miles away and we haven't seen each other in many years. That doesn't make her less of a friend, but somehow easier to share this with because I don't see her.....

I don't know if everyone would understand why I write certain things down here.
I don't think they would dare to comment, but I'm not sure they'd understand it all....

5 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide, will be right. I shared my blog with you and a few other close friends. All but one person has been amazingly supportive. That one person who belittled me and made me so sad a few weeks back (I blogged about it) didn't change my mind that opening up to the people I love and who care about me is ok.

    But many many many people with blogs do not share. Poke around a little. Just Smile and Blog (under On their way to MOtherhood) blogged about anonymity a while back. She's totally in the open. Many others are completely closed.

    I didn't share my blog for a long long long time. IT took a while and it wasn't until I was actively talking about stuff with those friends that I shared the blog. It's so personal and I for sure have said things on the blog that are unpopular and even insulting. I lost 2 friends temporarily, thankfully, but they're back and as good as ever. They just had their own stuff to work through when it came to dealing with me with infertility.

    I am so glad you shared with me. I am so sorry I haven't seen you in so many years. I was hoping to take a trip to Europe this summer - and may still do if IVF doesn't work.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been poking around, read some stuff about sharing or not. I may do it at some point, but not right now, I think. I need to sort through all this first, maybe when I've gotten past some of it, it won't be so hard for me to let people read it.

      T knows that it's there for him to read when and if he wants to. But I won't push him to if he doesn't want to

      I wish we could have seen each other more often too. But taking a trip to see you with 2 kids isn't easy and we've had our share of problems and issues over the past few years. I would love to see you though, and finally meet G, so you're always welcome here!!!!

      shouldn't you be sleeping? I'm not sure what the time difference is, but I'm pretty sure it's the middle of the night over there! so put away the computer AND GO TO SLEEP!!!

      xxxx

      Delete
  2. Also, I shared my blog with G ages ago. That I know, he has never read it. Probably for the same reason as T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a FB addict too! and had some drama recently because of our loss and people not knowing and asking questions. I too deleted the pictures but didn't announce it. I really didn't know what to do. But the people who really cared already knew, so that's why I really didn't post it. What could've said anyways? no idea. :(
    My blog is private, but I told a few friends about it and I regret it so much :( when people know, then you're afraid to be more open and let it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post about the FB drama a couple of days ago.....it got me thinking....
      I don't want to get any comments of why I have gone off the gird, why I've become inactive.....I'm sure some people have noticed by now.
      I think I will keep the blog private for now, maybe when some time has passed I will tell some people.....

      Delete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved