Friday, March 2, 2012

Before and After

Before and After.
Everything I do, say or think has one of those two words included. It's weird. It's as if the world Before and the world After are completely different.
I can't think of a single thing that doesn't have Before or After included in the thought.

Before was good. Before was happy.
Ok, we had our issues. T and I had arguments, the boys didn't always behave, work wasn't always fun. But still, I remember Before as being a good, happy, fun place to be.

After is not so much fun. After is sad, angry, frustrated, annoyed.... (can't think of more words, these don't even begin to describe it).
T and I have been ok the past few weeks. We spent lots of time together, at home, talking, holding each other.

Yesterday we had a fight. Such a stupid fight. I didn't want to eat spaghetti (this might have something to do with the fact that I may have contracted listeria from eating cheese with my spaghetti, as I talked about in this post). So I didn't. T and the boys ate spaghetti, I sat at the table crying. X tried to comfort me, but I was having a difficult moment.
After the boys went to bed, I threw a fit. I really did. I'm ashamed of it, but I think this is a place I can talk about it.
I had a hard day in general yesterday. Didn't do anything, didn't want to do anything. I was angry, frustrated at the world in general.
Last night, T was the victim of it all.
I threw with pots and dishes. I broke the trash can (at least now we have an excuse to get rid of the ugly trash can under the sink and get a bigger nicer looking one), almost threw some plates across the kitchen..... I basically threw a hissy fit. A good, loud, throwing stuff around, slamming doors, yelling kind of fit.
After calming down, or better, getting it out of my system, I realized it was pathetic. T isn't to blame for any of this. Nobody is. But I am angry.

I've been sad, very sad. I still get sad. But right now anger is the emotion I feel most often. I'm angry at the world, at the cheese I ate, at the fact that I went to Germany that weekend, angry at everything and everyone.

I think T might have the same feelings. He went back to work on Monday, but is having a bit of a difficult week. He keeps having to tell the story, to his colleagues, his customers.... I think it's making him relive it all again and again, which can't be much fun.

We had another argument this morning. Again, stupid.
But I think it shows how we are both feeling at the moment.
Isn't anger a step in processing grief, in mourning? Note to self: ask psychologist on Monday.

My goal for tonight: apologize to T. Talk to T. Tell him about me being angry, about being frustrated. Try to reconnect. I feel as if we've lost touch, as if he's slipping away from me.
This weekend will be family-time. We will spend it together, all of us, and reconnect.

7 comments:

  1. I understand you completely. Anger is supposed to be one of the stages of grief. I was so angry at the world, everybody, everything. Sometimes I still feel like this.
    One of the things the psychologist says to me is not to blame myself for what happened, but sometimes I just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first time I've really felt angry. up until now it was sadness.
      I think it will be a phase i will have to go through....
      thank you for you support!
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's completely normal to be angry. You have ever right to be. Unfortunately, sometimes we take that anger out on the ones we love the most. I hope you and T have a good talk and he can understand where you're coming from. Family times sounds much needed for all.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we can have an argument-free weekend. Friday night has not been so good so far.....
      I saw your blog. I have my fingers crossed that everything works out for you!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Anger is TOTALLY normal and common. Read this about a hissy fit I threw:

    http://sometimesitshardtogetpregnant.blogspot.com/2011/09/are-you-kidding-me-talk-about-blow-when.html

    I am glad to hear you and T are going to have time to talk and spend the weekend together. I am sure he knows you don't mean it when you say or do hurtful things. I agree with the other comments - sometimes we hurt those we love most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I'll probably throw some more hissy fits. But maybe I should do it outside with some fire wood or something. With something near me that I can break without it mattering :-)

      We talked tonight. He gets it. He's also angry.
      So I think we'll get through this.....
      xx

      Delete
  4. Just one more person here to say that it's completely normal to feel angry. How could you not be, after what happened? Don't feel ashamed of yourself for it, but see if you can find a constructive way to work through your feelings. Taking it out on the firewood might just do the trick!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved