I think I jinxed it yesterday. I posted that I felt better, felt ok again. I shouldn't have done that.
Today was a crappy day. A sit-on-the-couch-all-day kind of day. I did nothing. I felt sorry for myself. I was sad. I cried. I took a long nap. I didn't feel ok today. I didn't feel better.
I am wondering now if these feelings will ever go away completely. I know I will never forget Dylan. I know he will always have a place in my heart, in our lives, in our family.
But I need to stop hurting. I don't know how much longer I can go on hurting.
I am lost. Lost in this world. Sometimes, I'm not sure what to do next. Where life will take me.
---------------
I read a post this week about spirituality. That post got me thinking....
I am not a religious person. Don't remember having ever been religious. I did grow up with religion present in my life. My grandmother took us to church at least 3 times per week when we were small. I grew up in a house with a cross hanging over the front door. I'm pretty sure my parents were religious when I was younger, although we didn't go to church very often. Church was for weddings, baptisms, funerals, communions.....
I do believe there is something beyond this life. I have to believe that, I am terrified of there being a whole of nothing after death.
My dad died a month before my 21st birthday. Since then, I have started believing that there is something after we die. I do not know what, I can't put it into words, but I believe he is there. I believe that he is watching over his grandchildren. The grandchildren he never met.
And I believe that Dylan is where he is. That he is taking care of Dylan. Dylan is in good hands. My dad would have been a wonderful grandfather.
So when I look up at the stars, it is my dad and Dylan I am thinking of, talking to. They are among the stars. The stars are a beautiful thing. And that is what I believe. I believe they are in a beautiful place. And one day I will see them again, I will be with them.
---------------
Since I got back from the hospital, I have had flowers in the house almost non-stop. Mostly from friends and colleagues, but I've also bought some.
These are the last ones I got this week when some friends came to see me. They are beautiful white-ish tulips.
White flowers will always remind me of Dylan. The first flowers I got was a huge bouquet of white roses. I had a beautiful flower-piece made with white roses for the funeral and grave.
Tomorrow, I want to go get a pretty pot and plant some pretty white flowers to put at Dylan's grave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Here from LFCA. I wanted to welcome you to this community, and tell you how sorry I am for your loss ... I know what you mean, too, about needing to believe in something beyond this life. Keeping you in my thoughts.
ReplyDeletethank you....
DeleteHi from LFCA. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you and wishing you strength and healing in the future.
ReplyDeletethanks.
DeleteI read your blog. I lived in Ch for a long time as a teenager....I'm very jealous of you! I LOVED living there and miss it....
It's beautiful, isn't it! I'm curious how you ended up in Belgium (assuming you're an expat) - maybe you can share that part of your story when you're ready?
DeletePlease be gentle with yourself. There will be shitty days and good days ahead and they will blend together in a confusing way as we try to navigate this life after loss. I'm so sorry you are facing this. Reading through some of your posts I recognize a lot.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world. I hope writing about it all will help.
thank you. Blogging has helped, and the support I'm getting on here as well....
Delete