Sunday, May 6, 2012

International Bereaved Mother's Day....



I came across this today when reading some new blogs.

Next Sunday is the "normal" mother's day. I hadn't thought about what that day would be like for me this year. (well, X has his communion that day, so I've been pretty busy with that.)
I think it will partly be a very sad day. But I will try very hard to cherish that day with my two wonderful boys.

Today, I will cherish the memories of Dylan.....


This is the post on Carly Marie's page

Today is International Bereaved Mothers Day! This day was created by us in 2010 and it now falls on the first Sunday of every May.
This special day was created to honour and celebrate mothers who carry some if not all of their children in their hearts rather than their arms.  In our modern day society, mothers who are grieving the death of their babies and children are usually forgotten. The traditional Mothers Day has proven to be an emotionally difficult day for so many mothers around the world.
On this day each year we come together to celebrate our connection, our babies and children and our hope for the future. We look at their ultrasound photos, polish their urns, lay flowers at their graves, visit special places and light candles in their memory.
Sunday May 6th 2012, get together with your closest friends and family who understand and celebrate you. Celebrate your children.
Visit our facebook page to join the community of bereaved mothers.
To help raise awareness for this beautiful day take some flowers from the flower gallery below. Post them as your profile image on your favourite social network. Post them on your friends walls on facebook and let them know they are beautiful mothers. Please feel welcome to use the images on your blogs or websites.
Untied in grief we find recognition and strength.
Wishing you all love and blessings for our Mothers Day.


With light,
Carly Marie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog... I'm so sorry to hear about Dylan. My heart goes out to you and hope each day gets more peaceful. Here with you on this journey. Love always xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading my blog.
      and thank you for the support!
      hugs xx

      Delete
  2. I had no clue this day existed. I wonder if Hallmark will come out with a card for us as I'd actually like more to recognize us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out yesterday too.
      I wish I wouldn't have to know about this day. But I am glad it exists. I am glad that we are recognized.

      Delete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved