Thursday, May 10, 2012

Panic mode

I have officially gone into panic mode today.

My son has his communion Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon we're having a party in our garden for about 30 people.
And I'm PANICKING!!!!

I have SO much stuff left do to (and yet I am sitting here blogging).

It's been raining almost non-stop for the past 2 weeks. The forecast for the weekend is dry but only 15 degrees!!! Argh. I have a short sleeveless dress and the boys have shorts to wear on Sunday. This is not the kind of weather I had imagined for mid-May!!!!

I still have to clean the house. Make all my desserts on Saturday. Wash and iron some clothes. Do my nails (toes and fingers). Set up all the tables and decorations (which of course I can't do till Saturday night or Sunday morning). Wrap presents.
Oh and it's Mother's Day on Sunday and I have NO IDEA what to get my mom.

Ok. I feel a bit less panicky after I've written it down. It's not as much as I thought.

Off to go put laundry in and clean some of this house....

*update*
I forgot to mention that the dishwasher broke a couple of days ago. So I will be doing dishes by hand on Sunday.
Lets hope that that will be the last thing to go wrong....

8 comments:

  1. First things first! (Blogging, that is.) Congratulations to your son, and have a nice party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha :-)
      thanks. I'm sure it'll be nice Sunday. Just need to stop stressing I guess....

      Delete
  2. You can do it! Maybe skip your nails and buy paper plates? A little stress always helps me get things done around the house. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I just found out that T has the afternoon off tomorrow .... he'll be doing the shopping!
      you're right, stress is helping me get it all done, so I guess it's not all bad

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the Communion of you son. My mom always hosted the parties for our communions, confirmations and graduations too. We never had a dishwasher either unless you count us two kids. I hope your party is a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. It's the first time I'm doing this.....I'm sure I'll learn and get better by the time the boys graduate!

      Delete
  4. How did it go? I loved the photos on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great!!! we had a wonderful day.....
      I'll post pics of the party soon (someone else took them)
      xx

      Delete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved